Sintesi del progetto
Project Total Duration: 24 month
Project Start Date: 01-06-2017
- EURO (Italy) Coordinator
- CURBA DE CULTURA (Romania)
- FOPSIM (Malta)
- TZG Jastrebarskog (Croatia)
- ORSA (Italy)
- NUOVO ATENEO (Italy)
The main idea of the project is related to environmental issues, sustainable development, training.
Confirming the importance of education and training of youth, the needs in strengthening and building new professional and transversal skills, we considered the important contribution to the professional growth, which the union of FE, NFE and informal education can bring, targetting the environmental training on the competences.
E.A.S.T. aspires to create more opportunities for youth in education and employment according to the competences of youth involved, to address the challenge of youth unemployment through strengthening the links between the youth sector and the training needs of the labour market, promoting education to self-employment, providing educational opportunities and empowerment for youth on the subject of training in the field of Eu project planning within the themes of environment, sustainable development and green jobs.
Objectives were set according to the needs of youth as integral part of the community:
- to provide a better knowledge on the environmental issues for improving the accessibility and usability of green areas and developing environmentally literate citizenry;
- to exchange best practices and create long-term high quality partnerships in the youth field under this priority;
- to promote synergies in the youth field and stimulate the participation of authorities;
- to analyse the environmental use and related to it issues, both in terms of innovative sustainable development and the education of youth in participating countries within EU;
- to innovate and improve the quality and the range of initial training of young people active and/ or potentially interested to venture in the field of environmental, sustainable development, green jobs by elaborating NF environmental education curriculum aimed at empowering of youth and thus to facilitate facing the challenge of youth unemployment;
- to promote the exchanges, training and cooperation among youth workers from EU countries and provide young people with useful soft and hard skills in order to use them in their professional lives.
The partnership commits to apply to the curriculum materials the open-licence format to permit better access of youth to professional knowledge and transversal skills achievement in the perspective of youth’s active role in the educational process aimed at competences.
In accordance with the main objective of the project, the Target Groups to which the project’s outcomes are directed are:
- Youth who plan to increase their skills acquired through formal and NFL;
- Public educational institutions and sectorial organisations involved in the non-formal and formal Environmental learning process;
- All educational entities and individuals actively implementing validation of non-formal and informal learning;
- Trainers who accompany and support students during formal and/or Non-formal Environmental learning.
E.A.S.T. foresees n.6 transnational project meetings in project partner countries.
The training event is thought as a test for the elaborated new NF environmental education curriculum and will involve the best and the most appropriate and experienced resources of the partnership in order to contribute to innovate and improve the quality and the range of initial training of young people active and/ or potentially interested to venture in the field of environmental, sustainable development, green jobs by testing NF environmental education curriculum aimed at empowering of youth and thus to providing feedback on its impacts and improvement. The event will be implemented with the participation of n. 38 youth workers from n. 5 participating countries and participants from Italy. It plays a foundamental role to provide the curriculum elaborated with the peer review thanks to the implementation of the educational resources with the youth workers, and thus obtaining the feedback to be applied in contingency actions and ensuring the quality of elaborated OER. Each project partner will make a selection of participants and will make a balanced group of males and females. Participants will be selected up to their motivation.
The C1 training event foresees the following content:
- module 1 of formal education aimed at young environmental workers (with the application of elaborated techniques as for instance the environmental interpretation methodology);
- module 2 of non-formal and informal education aimed at youth workers (environment / sustainability/ development/ green jobs);
- module 3 aimed at enhancing of youth workers competences through training in order to strengthen self-entrepreneurshipbilities and active job search.
The C1 training event foresees the implementation of the evaluating toolkit in order to provide the recognition of transversal skills, acquired at attending the training course.